Mint truffles

Recently I was asked how to make the mint truffles that I gave away for Christmas treats last year.  There are three different ways that I make them, It just depends on how rich I want them to taste or what ingredients I have on hand.

(For some reason the picture won't go in so click Here to see a picture.)

Here are the recipes for them.

The first way I make them is to make ganache and before chilling it add in mint extract. Chill and then roll into balls and dip in chocolate. 
Or you can use your half of your normal chocolate you use to make ganache and the other half be mint chocolate chips ( you can generally only get these during the holidays so I stock up on them. ) Chill the ganache until firm and then scoop out and roll into balls and dip in chocolate.   If you haven't made ganache before read to the bottom because I have the recipe at the end.  

The other way you can make them is by using mint Oreos about 1 pound or 3 sleeves which you put in the food processor. Then add 8 ounces of softened Cream cheese and blend until you don't see the white cream cheese. Roll into balls and chill in the fridge until firm. Then dip in chocolate and sprinkle on the mint sprinkles that I get from Wilton. 

To make ganache chop 8 oz of semisweet or bittersweet chocolate. Heat 1 cup of heavy cream just to a boil over medium heat. Pour over the chocolate let stand for ten minutes. Then whisk until smooth and then chill until firm and use a melon baller. Chill again and then dip in chocolate and sprinkle with mint crunchies


Comments

Popular Posts