Cake Class with Lauren Kitchens and Mike McCary

I love to take classes and learn more any chance I can get. This weekend I had the opportunity to take a class from Lauren Kitchens and Mike McCarey at Flour Confections in Canada.  They were teaching how to make and build structures for cakes.  We built three structures and made one into a cake.  
Here are the structures and cake that I made. First was a 3D High Heel Shoe structure (in the back).  Second is the structure to make a 3D dog (on the right).  And last but not least was the structure to make a waffle cake and then we did the cake and the bottle of syrup pouring onto the waffle. 

Me and Lauren Kitchens

 Me and Mike McCarey

I had a blast and learned a lot.  Can't wait to make more crazy looking cakes! I will post another post with a little closer view of the waffle cake.  

Comments

  1. Those structures are great! I wish to learn with fantástic cake artistas as them but I Live in Spain! XXX

    ReplyDelete
  2. WHAT IS THE WHITE MATERIAL USED FOR THE HEEL STRUCTURE?

    ReplyDelete
  3. For the heel it is a wooden dowel, the shoe is actually poster board and in the toe the sideways piece is foam core.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts