Hello Kitty Cake

This weekend I had fun making this Hello Kitty cake.  I am not really up to date on all the girly stuff since I have 3 boys, but I at least had heard about Hello Kitty.  For inspiration I had searched Google images for Hello Kitty cakes and copied one that Kayleigh's mom thought she would like (sorry can't remember who made the cakeI got the inspiration from).
The cake was carved from 2  8 inch square cakes.  I just kind of eye balled it.  The bow was made from gumpaste and the whiskers were skewers covered in black fondant.  I wanted to cover popsicle sticks, but then they were too heavy.  And the skewers did a great job. Just remember to tell them to take them out before serving the cake. The head was French Vanilla and the body was a Chocolate Fudge cake.  Sorry the words aren't easy to see it was the angle that I shot the picture of the cake. It said Happy 8th Birthday Kayleigh.

Comments

  1. Superb blog! Do you have any tips for aspiring writers?
    I'm planning to start my own blog soon but I'm a little lost on everything. Would you suggest starting with a free platform like Wordpress or go for a paid option? There are so many choices out there that I'm totally confused .. Any recommendations? Kudos!
    Visit my page - hello kitty party theme

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just started with the free platform. That way you can see how it goes and can always convert it to more. I started with blogger, but I have a lot of friends that use Wordpress.
    Blogging can be a lot of fun.
    Enjoy!
    Andrea

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts