Graduation Cake

I know it isn't really graduation time anymore, but is there is never a bad time to celebrate.  This young graduate doesn't have pink for school colors, but loves anything girly, and pink so I made a little change.  And since her birthday was close to graduation they figured they would combine both parties together. 

The 3D graduation cap is made from rice crispy treats and I molded into the cap form using my mini doll pan by Wilton.  For the top of the cap I used some card board that I covered with fondant and held in place by a skewer. And then made a tassel with gumpaste.  The diploma is just rolled up gumpaste tied with a ribbon.   The words I cut with my Cricut Cake machine, and the flowers are made from various flower cutters that I have. The cake is my White Sour Cream Cake with Vanilla Buttercream.
It was nice to have a pretty graduation cake rather than lots of black or dark colors. 
Happy Birthday/Graduation Mikaela.

Comments

Popular Posts