Artist / Painting Cake


This weekend was Elsie's 8th Birthday party.  It is a 9 inch round Chocolate cake with chocolate frosting. And as you can see she likes to paint and do anything crafty.  I was given free-rein to choose the design for her cake (which is fun, but also a little nerve racking since you don't want to make something they don't like).  She mentioned that Elsie loves to paint and at the birthday party they would be painting jewelry boxes and making bead necklaces and a few other crafts. 
Everything except the painting easel is edible.  Since she loves painting I wanted to incorporate that as the main theme with a few of the party activities on the side.
Here is a close up of the top of the cake. 

Here is a bead necklace made from fondant. I used a bead mold and just broke them apart and put together the different colors. 

 Here is the little jewelry box I make.  Oh, and I forgot to take a picture of it, but the border of the base of the cake is paint coming out of a paint tube that is in the back of the cake.   I thought that would be a fun way to incorporate the boarder into the painting theme. The paint brushes and paint tubes were so fun to make!  I had a blast making this cake. 

Comments

  1. I love this cake! did you make the easel? how did you do it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I made the easel. I used wooden dowels and used some floral wire that you would use when making gumpaste flowers to secure the dowels together. Then covered the wires in gumpaste to hide them.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts