Baby Buggy Cake

Last Weekend I went to the Garden State Cake Show.  It was a blast.  I was going to enter a cake in the competition, but ran out of time, so I just enjoyed taking a couple classes and looking around at all the fun stuff at the vendor tables.  I will have to show the new tools and neat goodies and things that I bought at the show. This baby buggy I made in a class with one of my favorite cake decorators, Susan Carbery.
She owns "The Cake Cottage" in San Diego(which is a store/cake shop), teaches for Yummy Arts, has won numerous awards, is featured in many magazines, the food network show rated her one of the top five cake decorators, and has even won TLC's Ultimate Cake Off when the theme was Roller Derby.  I have seen her  on Yummy Arts (an amazing website), but to meet her in person is amazing!  She is amazing, funny and very bubbly, not to mention talented. The baby buggy cake seen in at the top of this post was what I made in her class.  It is always fun to learn new ways to build the structures for cakes to lift them off the ground.  Loved it!  If you ever get a chance to take one of her classes, DO IT!

I like the baby buggy because it is so versitile (change a few things and it can easily be for a boy, neutral if you don't know what the sex of the baby is, and you can trade out different items like put a baby inside, change the pillows and blankets, etc. ) and is very impressive with the structure.

Do any of you have a favorite Cake Decorator?  I would love to know who your favorites are.

P.S. The wheels got a little damaged in my 3 hour drive home.  That is why one is leaning funny.  But, 3 hours and driving through Manhattan it is hard to keep anything completely perfect.

Comments

Popular Posts