Dark Chocolate Mint Chip Cookies



I was feeling in a cookie mood yesterday and decided to try a recipe that I had gotten a while back for some Dark Chocolate cookies.  My husband loves anything chocolate, where as I can't eat chocolate with out stomach pain (I have IBS and chocolate is one of my triggers).  So if I am going to make something chocolate and try it then it has to be insanely good.  These cookies looked like they would be and I had my hubby and kids try them first.  Once I saw their reactions I knew I had to try one no matter the consequences.   Man were they worth it!  So if you like dark chocolate and mint then you are in for a treat.  I adapted this slightly from a recipe by two peas and their pod.

1-1/4 cups of flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
2/3 cup dutch process cocoa (has to be dutch process or it wont taste as chocolaty)
1/2 cup or 1 stick of unsalted butter at room temperature
1/2 cup of white sugar
1/2 cup dark brown sugar 
1-1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/3 cup milk

3/4 bag of Nestle Dark Chocolate and Mint Morsels (I think they are only around during the Christmas season so I stock up when I see them.  I found them at Target a couple days ago.)

Preheat your oven to 325* and line your cookie sheet with parchment paper.  Whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt  and dutch process cocoa and set aside.  Cream the butter and sugars on medium high until light and creamy.  Add vanilla and beat until smooth.  Add half the flour mixture and stir it in.  Then add the milk mixing well and follow up with the last half of the flour mixture. Once combined, stir in the dark chocolate and mint morsels and chill the dough, wrapped in saran wrap, for at least 15 minutes to 2 days.
Roll tablespoon sized balls of cookie dough onto the parchment paper (about 2 inches apart) and flatten with the back of a spoon.   Bake for about 14-16 minutes.  Let cool on the cookie sheet for 5 minutes to let the cookies set up.  The keep well in an airtight container for a couple days if they last that long!  Let me know what you think when you try them.  Definitely a keeper at our house.

Comments

Popular Posts