Chocolate Ganache Frosting/Filling


 I also got this Ganache Frosting from Sally and I love it!  

Chocolate Ganache Frosting/Filling


12 oz. (I bag) chocolate chips
1 2/3 cup heavy cream
¼ cup softened unsalted butter


In large saucepan, heat cream to boiling.  Turn down to simmer and stir in chocolate chips until melted.  Remove from heat and transfer to bowl.  Let cool. 

Cut butter into chunks and stir them into the chocolate mixture.  (the butter should be fully incorporated.)

Cover and refrigerate for several hours (or overnight).  It will turn to a fudge like consistency.  

Whip the mixture until fluffy and spreadable (like a mousse consistency).   Note:  I find that I need to bring the mixture to room temperature before whipping if it has been refrigerated overnight.

This makes enough to ice and fill a 9” 2 layer cake.  Recipe can be halved if you need only for filling.


Comments

Popular Posts