Birdhouse


The past few days I had been racking my brain to figure out what cake to make for my birthday. Should I make an elegant cake, a cake about my hobbies, or just a cake design that I have always wanted to make? It is so much easier to choose designs for other people. After thinking for a while and even polling my friends (which all said to choose a design that I have always wanted to make), I chose to make a birdhouse cake. I am so tired of winter (we just got another inch of snow!) so I wanted something springy. And I have the most beautiful dogwood trees in my yard in the spring, so I wanted to try and incorporate that in, even though I don't have official dogwood cutters. Spring time makes me happy, so I had to make this cake. Happy Birthday to me.

Comments

  1. Anonymous or not Anonymous, that is the question.November 22, 2012 at 4:52 AM

    I came across this while trying to find a good cake design for my bird-loving grandma. Seeing as it's winter at the moment, and I can see from past comments that this was a couple of years ago, I think it's near your BD time now! So Happy Birthday! (It might be 2 months away from your birthday for all I know, but oh well)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts