Connecticut Cake Convention

You will have to excuse the horrible pictures. My camera broke the morning of the Connecticut Cake Competition. I was really bummed and took our crapy camera which wont focus and has horrible coloring. The flower pictures are a little better because I played with the settings, but 3/4 of the pictures were out of focus so I will have to get my other camera working again.

Here is a picture of me and Norm Davis. He is frequently in the various cake competitions that you see on TV and does amazing work. In his class we learned out to make Clemantis flowers.
The clemantis I made in his class. His class was great. He taught us a new method of of making flowers called the soft method. I like it so much more than the other methods I have been taught. ( I will put a tutorial on soon)

I also took a class on Cala Lily flowers using the soft method.
Another Cala Lily I made.
That night we got to have a demonstration by Joelle Mahoney who is one of the most well known and award winning chocolate/sugar artists. She has made everything out of chocolate. She is probably most well known for the clothes (yes I said clothes) that she makes out of chocolate. What a great day!

Comments

Popular Posts