Monday, July 7, 2014

Mikaela Vintage Bridal Shower Cupcakes

I love cupcakes!  They can be designed in so many different ways and be so elegant.  The theme of the bridal shower was vintage theme, so the host of Mikaela's bridal shower asked for elegant cupcakes with peonies, pearls and anything that would make me think elegant and vintage.  With cupcakes I don't like putting huge gumpaste flowers on it.  So I decided to put wafer paper flowers on it instead.  

Wafer paper flowers are beautiful, light, and can quickly go together since the petals don't have to dry.  They don't look as real as gumpaste flowers, but are still very beautiful especially when you dust them with petal and luster dusts (which I did not do since she wanted white flowers).  They are quickly becoming very popular in the cake decorating world.  I will soon post some tutorials on how to make a few different wafer paper flowers.  


So as you can see some of the cupcakes have wafer paper peonies, some are covered or just outlined in fondant pearls, some are a piped swirl with edible pearls, and some have brush embroidered peonies on them.


The whole dessert table.

No comments:

Post a Comment