The Lego ice tray is a wonderful tool for making edible lego mini figures. You can buy it here or at the Lego store (It was $7.99 at the Lego Store). It says it is an ice cube tray, but chocolate and other cake decorating mediums work incredibly well in it. The mold is a flexible silicone material so it is easy to unmold your Lego Mini Figure when it is set. Here is how to do it:
- Wash and dry the mold thoroughly. You don't want any water left in it at all.
- Spoon or pour your chocolate into the mold.
- Use a large spatula to scrape off the excess chocolate.
- Tap the mold to have all the air bubbles pop and make sure the chocolate is in all the grooves
- Chill in the fridge or the freezer until set (about 5 minutes in the freezer).
- Unmold them onto a paper towel. I first pull at the edges of the mold to loosen it. Then flip it over above the paper towel and push on the feet portion on up to the head. (Always start with the most delicate part.