Friday, October 18, 2013

Kitty Ice Cream Cake

My friends daughter wanted a cool looking cake, but isn't a cake fan.  So she asked if I could make an ice cream cake for her daughter but make some cute kitties to go on top.  At first I wasn't sure I could do it.  Ice cream cakes need to stay in the freezer and if I made a kitty out of fondant or gumpaste and stuck it on the cake it would need support as well as would sweat and get slimy when you took it out of the freezer.  
This is what I came up with as a solution.  I made the ice cream cake and put it on a cute board with a ribbon.  I also made a plaque with her name saying Happy Birthday out of gumpaste and set that aside.  Then I made theses cute kitties and put them on their own board and set those aside.  So when they picked it up I had the ice cream cake for them in one box and the Happy Birthday Plaque and Kitties in another.  Once they were ready for the party they could place the board with the kitties on top of the cake, and the plaque in the front. The only problem is that I couldn't take a picture of the whole cake put together so all I have is a picture of the kitties.  My friend did send me a picture of the whole cake but of course since I didn't post it right away (because I wasn't feeling well) and now I can't find it so I apologize. 


I based the kitties off of a cake that I had seen pictures of by Debbie Brown.
The kitties were made from rice crispy treats and gumpaste.    

No comments:

Post a Comment