Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Oreo Cake (quick and easy!)



This Oreo Cake was a super last minute quick cake for my husband.  I had a couple cakes for some friends I was working on and I had made his "Homemade Carvel cake for him.  The night before his birthday he said "Can I have a real cake too?"  I thought Holy Cow!  I only have a couple hours!!!!!  

This is what I came up with.  Here is how to make a really quick OREO cake.  It was frosted with white buttercream, then I took some chocolate fondant and cut a strip to go around the base to look like the bottom cookie.  And then cut out a circle for the top that was a little bigger than the cake so it could hang over and look like the top cookie! And the easiest way to do that is just get a cake pan that is a little bigger than the one you used to bake it in and use that as a cutting guide.  Then I just used my cookie cutters (the 101cutters by Wilton ) to cut out the letters. And in just a little bit of time you can have a cute cake even if you are swamped!


Lets go make more cake!

No comments:

Post a Comment