Thursday, June 13, 2013

Mikes Homemade Ice Cream Cake

I love to make cakes so I always spoil my family with some of the coolest cakes. My husband has always liked all the neat cakes he gets, but he also always requests that I get an ice cream cake from Carvel as well. For those of you that don't have a Carvel near you, don't worry you aren't missing anything.  In my opinion it is the most disgusting ice cream and ice-cream cakes out there (I guess I am just an ice cream snot since I worked at Baskin Robbins in High School).  But that is what he grew up with and so he always wants it.  Well I was tired of hearing that he wanted Carvel with the cake I was making for him.  So this year I thought I would get him a small Carvel cake (which is still really expensive) and I would make him my version.  So I bought extra of their crunchies (these chocolaty pieces that they have in all their cakes between the ice cream layers) and went to work. I did just plain old chocolate and vanilla since that is what Carvel uses and then used Whip'n Ice to frost it.  And it was a hit.  The Costco Vanilla I used was a little icy for my liking, but will use a different brand for next time, but he is even eating these left overs first and the Carvel hasn't even been touched besides the taste test!  YEAH!!!  Success!  NO MORE CARVEL!

Has anyone else converted a family member to anything?

No comments:

Post a Comment