Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Old School Piping

 I have a question for you.  Do you make your own birthday cakes?  Do you buy one?  Or does someone else make it for you?  Now my husband would tease me and say we should get a Carvel cake, a Costco cake ,or something like that just so that I have more time, but I don't think I will ever do that. 

 The day I do that I think I will just cry.  Number one, unless they get it from a cake shop then it probably is not going to taste good.  Number two this is the fun time to design a cake any way I want.  

Now this is always a battle for me and it always takes me a while to figure out what cake I want to do. I narrowed it down to three totally different styles, but ended up going with some old school piping since I don't get to do it too often.  I was talking to a friend about her daughter that really likes the piping instead of the fondant look.  And that got me thinking. And after searching through a bunch of pictures of cakes that I have made I would say I mostly work with fondant and fondant designs. So this was my challenge!  After piping away I decided that I would love to make more cakes with piping!!!  

This is the cake that I made for my birthday party. 

No comments:

Post a Comment