Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Baby Shower Block Cakes

What do you make if you are throwing a baby shower for a Baby Boy and Baby Girl?  I only had 1 1/2 days to make them so I chose blocks since they are simple (yet found out doing all the edges can be a little time consuming) and cute and work for both a boy and a girl.  I also used my Cricut Cake Cutter for some of the decorations on the sides of the blocks.  I cut out the Onesies (boys and girls, although the flower I used a mold to make), an airplane, and the elephant.

Here is a close up of the Baby Girls Onesie.  I love how the Cricut could cut so cleanly and make the cute ruffles and such. 

I also love the Elephant and the Airplane.  Here is a close up of the Elephant.  With the Cricut you can also cut out some of the pieces in different colors, but I was sticking with all baby blue on the block. 


For the cupacakes I used various baby silicone molds that I have  to make little fondant accents.  And the words were used with my letter cutters, but could have used the Cricut Cake.  

No comments:

Post a Comment